64 bit

Slick 64 bit and Linux

Recently I wanted to run Slick on linux in a 64 bits environment. I got it working on Windows a while ago but I forgot to include natives for Linux and Mac OS X.

To get it working on Linux I simply redid the steps I did back then. I’ve tested the results on Linux and also on Windows, with success!

If you are interested, then you can grab the natives here; and the JARs from here.

(or just simply clone dune2themaker4j and get it all in one go)

Itunes and Windows 7 64 bit hot-fix – Did it work for you?

In my previous post I have mentioned a Windows hot-fix for the synchronisation bug you may encounter using Windows 7 64 bit and iTunes 9.0.2.

I can see in the stats that many people have found this blog post. The big question remains: Did it work for you?

Please let me know (add a comment to this post).

Windows 7 64bit and iTunes 9.02 sync problems

Do you have Windows 7? Perhaps the 64 bits version? Do you have an iPhone, iPod?

Do the following things happen when you try to sinc with iTunes?

- your iphone stops saying it is synchronizing, but iTunes still thinks it is.
– your computer becomes very slow, so slow you actually have to restart it in order to
do your daily things again.
– synchronisation works fine only for Contacts or Calendar items.
“heavier” stuff (ie photo’s or
music) causes the symptoms above.

Don’t worry: You are not alone.

In fact many others have been suffering from the same issue. But, there is hope.

I have tried several ‘solutions': An XML trick, tweaking your power manager, lowering your max ram or disabling your “standard enhanced pci to usb” device. But I was still not satisfied with the ‘fix’ or ‘workaround’.

The first 2 only work temporarily, or not at all. The 3rd is not desirable, I had installed Win 7 64 bits, so I could use all my 4 GB of RAM.

The last one though works ok, but it disables your USB 2.0 support and thus makes synchronisation very very slow.

I figured that since this seemed to be related to  the USB ports (ie, the last ‘fix’ worked), I dug into Win 7 64 bits USB port related problems. I had found this particular problem. It kind of had the same symptoms, and I found some saying it also infected the iPhone/iPod synchronisation. And, the best news is:

Microsoft have brought up a hot fix to solve this issue

I have tested this fix (just like I did with all the others I have described) and I am glad to say that it works!

If you cannot find it, try this . It has some unofficial download links that may work for you.

I hope it  helps you out, it sure did for me.